Thursday, March 12, 2015

SPRING!
 
 
The weather has (finally) broken. I hope. The hens are laying like gangbusters!
 
I'm trying something new this year. I've convinced my old batch of hens to start laying again. so last week I was showing a new Minion all the coops and went to check on that particular batch of birds and lo and behold! Eggs! not many, just a handful - maybe 20 or so. yesterday that figure was around 150! good stuff that is.
so between the newish and the oldish birds,  I collected around 460 eggs.
so you know what this means? it means that my eggs are very available in: Hillers, Arbor
Farms, The Ann Arbor Peoples Food Coop, Plum Ann Arbor, and Zingerman's Creamery.
it also means that I will have a plethora of eggs at the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market this Saturday.
 
also I will have guinea fowl, duck, goose, two types of turkey, stewing hens, and chicken. come on by and say hi. and bye and buy.
I hope everyone gets to enjoy the weekend,
John
 
(now if I can only convince my ducks and geese to start laying)


No comments:

Post a Comment